Thread: G stock

Junior Cadet

G stock

I've read all the threads I could find on a folder for a mini-G, since it seems to be a popular item, but didn't see what I was looking for. If it's been discussed here, mia culpa!
    Has anyone ever thought of adapting a M1A1 carbine folder to a Garand stock?(not the whole thing just the wire folder) I saw a movie once, some sort of German U-boat movie, can't remember which, and I spotted a Thompson that appeared to be fitted with the wire stock from a carbine. I know, I know, probably a cobbled up movie prop, but it looked pretty cool. And yes, I'm sure the whack from that type stock from a .308 or '06 would be memorable, but.........was just thinking out loud I guess.

I think you are in search of a BM-59 folding stock. They look like this.

$_572.jpg

$_57.jpg

Junior Cadet
    Thanks for the reply, but I know what a BM59 stock is. I'd never pay the prices they're asking tho. What I was trying to ask was, had anyone ever thought of adapting the wire stock from a M1A1 to the stock of a Garand. The carbine stock was made to nearly the same dimensions of the rifle for a reason, so a GI would feel comfortable with either in his hands, so the training for either was the same. With near identical dimensions, would it be possible? Yes, the whack to the shoulder from a Garand set up this way would be notable, but with the muzzle brake that Tim installs on a G I would think it wouldn't be impossible to handle. Maybe I'm "out there" but I've just always wondered.......why not?