Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini G troubleshoot

Mini G troubleshoot

Tim,

I'm hoping you can provide an answer for an issue with my Mini-G. I recently converted a standard Mini to the BM59 gas cylinder. I was sighting in today at the range and had a double-tap and a triple-tap. It really got the attention of the Range guys. What is typically the cause for multiple rounds firing at one time?

Also, while shooting roughly 80 rounds (Greek surplus), the trigger guard would come unlatched allowing the trigger group to drop down at times. Maybe came unlatched 5 times. It is the machined trigger guard, but it did not do this prior to the BM59 gas cylinder conversion. Can I simply bend it out so there is more tension on the latch?

Thanks,

BHamm
    As Dustin Hoffman's character in Papillon, Louis Dega, said, "Temptation resisted is a true measure of character."

USMC: 1979-1987

Sacramento County Sheriff's Department: 1988-2012

Sir, when I put together a rifle I test fire it. It's very hard for me to say what's going on with the changes you may have made but I'll give it a shot.

On the double and triple tap;
    Did I do a trigger job, I'd have to check my records but you'd know quicker.
    Was the stock changed?
    Were any parts in the trigger group switched around?

On the trigger guard coming loose, you can put the trigger guard, while it's still assembled, in a vise and give it a squeeze to close it more. I have found this fix to be very long lasting. Don't get crazy with the squeeze, you don't want to fold it in half. Just squeeze it enough so that when you go to close it that the guard just touches the back of the trigger.

Of course you are ALWAYS welcome to call me and or send the rifle in if need be. I can probably fix it pretty cheaply. If a trigger job was done they will last about 500 to 1000 rounds.

Tim,

Yes, you did a trigger job.

The stock is the same except I refinished it recently. I did VERY light sanding on any load bearing surfaces. I did not want to create gaps or alter metal to wood interacting.

No parts have been swapped out in the trigger group.

I will address the trigger guard as you have suggested. Seems simple enough.

I have fired nearly 500 rounds through this rifle. If you can examine the trigger group and refine it, I will send it your way.

If I can avoid sending the whole rifle at this time, I will do my best on this end to fix this problem.

As always than you,

Bryan
    As Dustin Hoffman's character in Papillon, Louis Dega, said, "Temptation resisted is a true measure of character."

Well send that trigger group on over.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    If a trigger job was done they will last about 500 to 1000 rounds.
    What happens after 500 to 1000 rounds? Does it just get a bit rougher?

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    What happens after 500 to 1000 rounds? Does it just get a bit rougher?

Justin
    No Sir, you will start to have the possibility of doubling. The trigger pull will get less and less leading up to you not being able to control the 2nd stage.

Tim,

I'll get it out this week.

Thanks,

Bryan

Patriot
    Thanks I was concerned that was the deal. Do Mag-Fed G's get a trigger job when you build them? My Trigger feels great so I am guessing they do?

Thanks
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Thanks I was concerned that was the deal. Do Mag-Fed G's get a trigger job when you build them? My Trigger feels great so I am guessing they do?

Thanks
    Justin

They do not, only if the customer orders it.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    No Sir, you will start to have the possibility of doubling. The trigger pull will get less and less leading up to you not being able to control the 2nd stage.
    If my garands starts doubling (yes, you did a trigger job on 2 of them), I guess the first step would be to replace the hammer. Correct ?
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112