Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMP shuts forsale down

Hmm, they're going to give 8 more weeks and then reconsider. Wanna bet a lot of folks who might have been fence sitting about selling stuff will be in a mad rush to post the next few days/weeks? Could be a good buying opportunity.

Things were near fire sale prices already (save for the crazy expensive)...flooding the WTS will make it worse. Punch is right, the CMP has grown beyond the need for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Things were near fire sale prices already (save for the crazy expensive)...flooding the WTS will make it worse. Punch is right, the CMP has grown beyond the need for the forum.
    They banned me for life for that post. They can't handle the truth.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

For the life of the forum? So like 6 months. Rumor mill says its done soon anyway.

I saved your post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 07-24-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Tim I was holding back but I tried to be civil.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

And how do you think the moderators ferret out he people that must be banned for the good of the cmp propaganda machine? Do you really think the moderators read every post? They enlist free labor in what amounts to the modern day equivalent of the sonderkommando. That's right lapriester, I'm talking about you and your ilk. Keep up the good work and you may get to be the head kapo someday.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 07-25-2015 at 08:04 AM.

I truly believe the GCA would suffer the most at this point, no influence at the forum level, no nit-noid detail parts selling. The host is no longer feeding the child. I actually think M1 values would take a hit for a while if the CMP forum dissolved. No central character to drive demand and tickle the senses.

What you say is true, the CMP has gotten what it needs going forward...just in time to stop heating the spoon. This family atmosphere was a calculated move.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 07-25-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate19 View Post
    I agree the timing is bad for me also . I figured this was soon to happen with all the changes. I had just started helping Dad reduce his collection and had good results. A close friend recently passed and I may be helping with his estate. I was going to start posting lots of bayonets tonight ,

Tim, do you want traffic pointed this way ?
    Of course. I think this is a mistake on the CMP. Of course, when you get free stuff you don't have to work quite as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post

Damn it! They almost did something really stupid!

Patriot
    Most probably the man in charge had a long week in the heat at Perry. Dehydrated, tired, too many premium dinners on the CMP plastic, and got sick and tired of all the "if it was me" from the CMP "community". So he lashed out and probably text messaged someone in Anniston and vented. Then later, after re-hydrating, cooling down, and maybe getting a piece of..., AND most probably a contact from the boss emeritus who although retired still sits on the board I believe, that began with..."Whoa cowboy...we need to rethink any decision that might constrict the goody pipeline". So in do course there will be a sit down I'm sure with a more reasoned look at the balance sheet and adjustments will me made to pay and benefits and then changes will be made. THAT is how it's really done in a quasi government organization. Moving on it's no big deal. The Garand market is glutted with rifles and parts that have been way overvalued by their owners for a long time now. There will be fire sales in the near future on the net, and some owners will throw the towel in and walk the accumulation into a gun show and get what they can. The final shoe will drop when president big ears wields his executive decision powers and eliminates the firearm owners ability to do a "off the book" transfer. What the heck the ACA needs more taxes anyway.