Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMP shuts forsale down

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Most probably the man in charge had a long week in the heat at Perry. Dehydrated, tired, too many premium dinners on the CMP plastic, and got sick and tired of all the "if it was me" from the CMP "community". So he lashed out and probably text messaged someone in Anniston and vented. Then later, after re-hydrating, cooling down, and maybe getting a piece of..., AND most probably a contact from the boss emeritus who although retired still sits on the board I believe, that began with..."Whoa cowboy...we need to rethink any decision that might constrict the goody pipeline". So in do course there will be a sit down I'm sure with a more reasoned look at the balance sheet and adjustments will me made to pay and benefits and then changes will be made. THAT is how it's really done in a quasi government organization. Moving on it's no big deal. The Garand market is glutted with rifles and parts that have been way overvalued by their owners for a long time now. There will be fire sales in the near future on the net, and some owners will throw the towel in and walk the accumulation into a gun show and get what they can. The final shoe will drop when president big ears wields his executive decision powers and eliminates the firearm owners ability to do a "off the book" transfer. What the heck the ACA needs more taxes anyway.
    Priceless, this could be the "thoughts from the editor" piece in some gun magazine. Damn funny

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Priceless, this could be the "thoughts from the editor" piece in some gun magazine. Damn funny
    Thank you for the good words...am trying to sell the idea as a mini series for HBO or Netflex but need a new title as "House Of Cards" is already taken. Looking for suggestions if anyone wants to chime in.

Punch,
    You and I need to start the '' Banned From CMP For Life'' club. I too, told it like it is. The CMP doesn't want anyone figuring them out.
    Jon

I always got the impression a lot of the people in charge of the CMP are pro-gun control. Believe that or not. Its what I think and what I believe. I am not talking about your average CMP Games shooter, but the actual people in charge of the CMP. The board members, people like that. Also, a lot of ex LEO and active LEO who are pro-gun control are CMPers, I observed that.

When I first became involved in the CMP in 2009, I knew nothing about the organization nor about the reasons why the NRA and CMP historically have butted heads. I now know why, being the NRA is basically anti-gun control and an anti-gun control political lobby group.

Im glad I never got heavily involved in the CMP, although I am glad I finally drove up to Perry one summer to attend SAFS-Rifle..that was fun. But overall, the CMP is just too much of a military type organization for me to want to be involved with very much. Maybe once in a while, but thats all. The Distinguished Rifleman program is not what it used to be and I will never attempt to bother with it BECAUSE OF the kinds of people who RUN the CMP turn me off. With the one exception of Gary Anderson...who I got the impression is a throwback to the olden days and he is serious about marksmanship. But the rest of those guys, with a few exceptions here and there...I have little to no respect for as individuals.

Overall, I cant stand military stuff, saluting, rank system, military bureaucratic bullshit, being talked to like you are some POS, being "written up." Hell, thats one of the reasons why I went to college, so I'd be above all that kind of BS. There is no way in hell I want to "follow orders" from men who have less formal education than I have. The only part about the military I like is the guns and some of the actual real military training they get. The rest of it, the uptight militaryBS, you can have it.

I'd actually like to get rid of most of the U.S. military, to be honest. Cut the taxpayer plug for most of them and make them get real jobs. I dont much care for most of them.
    Last edited by timshufflin; 08-06-2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Language
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

They banned me for life and I'm actually glad about it.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum