Thread: Acronym CMP

Acronym CMP

CMP=Collectors Manipulating Prices
    CMP=Can't Manage Punch

Feel free to add your own. This could be fun.
    Jon

Jon, you are too rebellious to fit in well with the cmp crowd. You have to learn to kiss a little azz and you'll do fine.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

You all sound very disgruntled. I like the cmp, as long as they stick to their clearly defined charter.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    You all sound very disgruntled. I like the cmp, as long as they stick to their clearly defined charter.
    Well Tim,
    They haven't done a damn thing to promote the shooting sports out here in Commiefornia and the rifles are too expensive for most of the young shooters just starting out.
    Jon

I had my own acronym for the CMP long before you guys were doing this. I was doing this years ago. CMP=Civilian Military Surplus Rifle Collector Program

Yeah it does not have all the acronym letters, the S, R and C, but its close enough for me. And it accurately reflects what I think the CMP really is. A program for milsurp collectors and for guys to get milsurps cheap to resell elsewhere. I call a spade a spade and its based on what I saw firsthand. While the CMP does some good things, there is enough chronic assaholia going on in that organization to keep me away long term. And motive me to spend my guns and ammo money elsewhere.

Concrete example: Instead of buying another CMP M1 Garand, buy an M1A. Or an Armalite AR-10 in 7.62 NATO. Or just buy a 30.06 Remington 700 bolt rifle...they are more accurate and easier to reload for anyway.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum