Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got an '03.

Been a few months, and my winter project has turned into a summer project. Got the forend section to fix the stock, and now have an upper band and handguard on the way right now. Haven't fired a shot from anything since last fall, so this will be an great excuse to burn a few (dozen) rounds once it's all back together.

Last edited by M1orNone; 06-15-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    "Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Why haven't you brought it by,Kit?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

An excellent question, Ryan, and I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't yet.

The rest of the parts showed up a couple days ago, so now comes the fun part. Assembly.
    "Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Why haven't you brought it by,Kit?
    The Prince, laying down the gauntlet!

Mission accomplished. I think I might have to keep this one for a while. Can't take a decent picture to save my life, but here they are.

Ended up going over everything again. Didn't like the way the patch job looked on the forend. Ended up going with a C stock from Boyd's. It wasn't until I got it all back together, again, that it dawned on me I forgot the reinforcing screws that were supposed to go in the stock. Oops. Anyway, here's how it looks now. I know the stock isn't correct, but that pistol grip sure feels nice. I'm still not a photographer, either.

Looks good. Don't shoot it without the screws. Make sure the bushing for the rear tang screw is installed and give yourself plenty of clearance between the back of the tang and the stock.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Yeah, I felt (and still do) so stupid for leaving out the screws. Got a bit excited, and ahead of myself, to finally have it all done after God knows how many hours working on the stock. There had to have been at least 1/8" of extra wood to remove, everywhere. Fun project, though, all things considered. This is actually the second Boyd's stock. The first one arrived with a big chunk gouged out of the magazine well. Emailed them pictures of the damage, and they made it right. They didn't sound too happy that something like that was cleared to sell.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    It looks fabulous.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)