Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart sold out to the anti-gunners

Wal-Mart sold out to the anti-gunners

Wal-Mart announced today they are pulling all sales of semi-auto rifles. The Wal-Marts near me all sell AR-15s and Ruger Mini-14s and Ruger 10/22s. I bought a Ruger 10/22 from Wal-Mart in 2009.

I suppose Wal-Mart corporate legal is terrified someone is gonna use of THEIR rifles that THEY sold to someone somewhere in the country in some sort of whacked out, mass shooting. And that they'd then become targets of a super duper deep deep pockets lawsuit. As Wal-Mart is loaded.

Biggest retail operation in the country pulled semi-autos today.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Are they still the biggest? I thought I heard Amazon just beat them on gross sales value.

So sad, same old same old.

On the positive side, smaller stores that provide customer service no longer have to compete with them on pure price. There are lots of small store owners of lots of types of goods who would love to have Walmart to no longer in competition with them. Small guys can't win a price war against a retail behemoth that does Walmart's volume and has their leverage with manufacturers on cost.

Founding Member
    I was there last night, no .22 ammo and very few rifles in the racks...

Damn.. Where else can one go to buy an AR-15 while wearing leopard print spandex pants that are 3 sizes too small with poop stains running down the back of the legs and a pastel blue wifebeater?

I don't think I'll miss this at all.
    !

Founding Member
    Personally, I enjoy the show periodically. Where else can you go for people watching that is even half as entertaining as a trip to WallyWorld?

Hell, Wally World quit selling guns here in the PRK about 10 years ago, maybe even longer.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    On the positive side, smaller stores that provide customer service no longer have to compete with them on pure price. There are lots of small store owners of lots of types of goods who would love to have Walmart to no longer in competition with them. Small guys can't win a price war against a retail behemoth that does Walmart's volume and has their leverage with manufacturers on cost.
    ^this^

Walmart can do whatever it wants. Good for them. He demand will not change one bit just because Walmart is no longer a player. That demand will just be satisfied by other, more qualified, purveyors of firearms.

Don't kid yourselves. If Walmart were making margins on ARs, they would still be selling them. They know damn well that they are not a real player in the market. No one with two brain cells to rub together is buying ARs from Walmart. We know it. They know it. All they did is use this to gain a little publicity and look PC.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Personally, I enjoy the show periodically. Where else can you go for people watching that is even half as entertaining as a trip to WallyWorld?

Work. Definately work.
    !