Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Rand comes home again.

Patriot

Remington Rand comes home again.

This is a 45 that I purchased around 2000 and give it to a good friend in 06. My friend went down the wrong road and before hitting bottom he give me the 45 back . I was pretty impressed he did so as he ws aware he could sell it, it did help him out alot though. A few years later I give it to another friend who helped me out tremendously while removing a huge tree in my yard. He is the friend who passed suddenly, so the 45 is once again home.
    The Remington is seen better days and has been refinished with a very nice dark green finish but the letters are nearly gone. It is still a good shooter and functions correctly and fairly accurate.

Whatever you do, don't give that gun to me!! Tim re-did a Colt a few years ago. It looked like "A Bar Of Soap" as the guys on the 1911 forum put it. Anyway, after have all the roll engravings restored the gun looked really nice. This new computer driven technology is kind of amazing.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I will have one someday.I'm glad for you that it was never sold off
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    Thats funny Punch, lol I did not think of it that way. maybe best if I just put this one away. You had the roll engraving restored, sounds expensive. You can barely read any markings on the slide of this one.

Wasn't mine. A customer of Tim's. I think it was an outfit out West that restored the engraving. Amazing. I'll see if I can find pics.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Check this guy out.

http://www.gunfancy.com/

Patriot
    Thats pretty cool. I think if anything I may keep an eye out for a new slide, likely just leave it as it is . Its been refinished a nice deep green and looks good just no lettering. I have a few nice ones so no need to spend money on it. I will have to save it for just the right person, LOL.

I was going to have Tim re-park this one but I changed my mind. I'm going to leave it just like it is. Sorry about the oil. I should have wiped it down.

Patriot
    Very nice I like it just the way it is.
    You know my wife was looking over my shoulder and asked about your picture and name . I explained about punch the clown and she laughed and liked the picture lol. She said the red nose was a nice touch. So a few days later I was standing next to her and she punched me hard right in the clown LOL, no joke it really hurt and she laughed and said she punched my clown. I dont find the fun in it, punching the clown never hurt so much.

Patriot
    I have a Colt with a few rebuild on it , I will dig it up and post pics , I like the rebuilds as its history.