Thread: cmp 1911s

Cadet

cmp 1911s

i wonder if the cmp has any 1911s

Probably. Mine came from the DCM. Orest did use Captain Crunch on a whole bunch of them though.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

You think they STILL have them? I'm gonna guess they don't even buy/receive them any more.....

Never Happen.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Hey, they have M14's
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Shelleen View Post
    Hey, they have M14's
    ...and jeeps in crates!!

DCM yes ,CMP no
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I'm wondering about what is going to happen after all the *SURPLUS* rifle sales fall off and there is no need for them to follow the .30 cal and no pistols restrictions part of the charter. More than likely they'll stop rifle/ammo sales all together. I'd like to see them expand into selling more competition related items. Harball/EIC pistols, match & service rifles..etc.
    !

unfortunately the cmp is not authorized to sell handguns. The last DCM sale of 1911's was just prior to enacting GCA 68 which stopped the release of pistols to civilians. In all reality, when you add up all the 1911's given away to foreign countries, scrapped, and just plain worn out there are not a lot left. One of the prime reasons for adopting a 9mm when it was in the mid 80's was there simply were not enough 1911's to supply the need of the armed forces. even into the desert storn era, 5 years after adoption of the beretta 92, many aviation units were still deployed with 38 revolvers.