I am pissed. For a couple years, Ive wanted to take the CMP live webinar in the Fall on M1 Garand maintenance. Its always been the same price, $25 for the live webinar plus another $25 if you wanted a download version to burn a disk to so you'd have it for keeps. I thought that was a good, solid price for a basic class or clinic, especially on a simple subject.

A few weeks ago, I found out the webinar is being offered this Fall again, several weeks ago, it was the same price listed. $25.00 for the live webinar and another $25.00 for the download for a hardcopy, $50.00 total. OK no problem, sounds good.

Tonight I log onto the site and damn if they had not jacked the price from $25.00 for the live webinar to freaking $100.00!!!! Talk about pissed. WTF is up with the CMP????? Whats up with this "non profit corporation" status thing they claim to be????? When I first got into the CMP, I admit it was a good deal, a real good deal. Now its not.

I can pay that price, but Im not sure if I want to give the CMP that much money for such a topic.

A few years back, CMP was offering the M1 Garand maintenance class FOR FREE in May at Camp Butner!! And the summer I went to Perry in 2013, the "live class" taught there was friggin $10.00.

Sorry, but jacking it from $25.00 to $100 in a few weeks aint non profit corporation prices. I am sorry, I dont agree with the CMP on that one and I believe sincerely the CMP needs to be changed to a for profit corporation if their management continues pulling such shenanigans.

CMP...non profit corporation status my ass. In 2009/2010??? Definitely. Now? Uh uh. I think CMP needs new management.

Also, does anybody really know whats going on with the CMP lately? Ive heard rumors that I cant repeat online, heard a bunch of disgruntled guys offline about the CMP in the last few years.

Just venting...with the NRA you KNOW where you stand. The NRA is a for profit corporation and nobody pretends to be on the cheap there. Plus, you can discuss gun politics on NRA and they actually like that there. CMP pretends to be this non profit corporation but they are starting to charge for profit prices and you cant discuss gun politics at CMP. And CMP gets their stuff from the U.S. Army, except for their ammo. Its like they are subsidized by the U.S. government and then behave as a for profit corporation and then claim to be a non profit corporation. I got a problem with that attitude CMP is putting out lately.