Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gotten sick and fffing tired of CMP's "non profit" corporation status

I am not sticking up for CMP but since when is a non profit organization not allowed to make money??? If this were true there would be no "non profit organizations"
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Erik, I did not miss your point.
    !

Yes you did miss my point and you still do not get the point. You simply do not want to ADMIT the point. Because like all things you do, you cant stand to lose at anything you do. Even when you are wrong.

Ive taken corporate law, you have not. I know what non profit corporations are supposed to do and what they are not supposed to be doing. CMP and their little escapade crossing over into for profit whatever you wish to call it is getting old. CMP needs to FILE for profit if they continue increasing their prices at this magnitude.

Youre just a mechanically inclined, works with your hands, IT guy anyway, you have no real academic ability. Why am I arguing with someone like you?

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    I did not miss your point.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Founding Member
    You know that a 501(C)(3) corporation can make money don't you?

Your beloved BSA wouldn't sell popcorn for $28/bag if they weren't trying to turn a profit.
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 10-04-2015 at 10:20 PM.

I am certainly not arguing with you so that's a great question. Why are you arguing with me? So go ahead Matlock.. show us all how smart you are. We are anxiously awaiting.
    Last edited by canes7; 10-04-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by MrTwistedFock View Post
    Yes you did miss my point and you still do not get the point. You simply do not want to ADMIT the point. Because like all things you do, you cant stand to lose at anything you do. Even when you are wrong.

Ive taken corporate law, you have not. I know what non profit corporations are supposed to do and what they are not supposed to be doing. CMP and their little escapade crossing over into for profit whatever you wish to call it is getting old. CMP needs to FILE for profit if they continue increasing their prices at this magnitude.

Youre just a mechanically inclined, works with your hands, IT guy anyway, you have no real academic ability. Why am I arguing with someone like you?
    Eric, you are really getting close to crossing the line here. Personal attacks on another BT member just isn't right.
    As far as the CMP goes, I am banned for life as you are. My crime was accusing orest and johnson of feathering their nests by selling me back things that my taxes and my parent's taxes already paid for.
    As far as the cmp being a non-profit I haven't seen any shareholders receiving dividend checks because there aren't any. I have seen the profits spent for the "Cause", even though I think the cause was to build themselves their own personal Disneyland. Bottom line is by definition they are a non-profit.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    As far as the cmp being a non-profit I haven't seen any shareholders receiving dividend checks because there aren't any. I have seen the profits spent for the "Cause", even though I think the cause was to build themselves their own personal Disneyland. Bottom line is by definition they are a non-profit.
    But wait how can that be accurate, MTF took a corporate law class...

Thank you for agreeing with me and for not arguing with me.

CMP is indeed a non profit corporation that is supposed to be organized for educational purposes only. Their prices should therefore be based on a non profit corporation model, not a pretend non profit corporation model.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    . Bottom line is by definition they are a non-profit.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

Oh yeah you are indeed arguing with me. You are so FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    I am certainly not arguing with you so that's a great question. .

No, 501 (C) (3) corporations cannot make profit type money. They are supposed to be able to make enough revenue to achieve their non profit corporation objectives, usually educational in nature. And also make enough money to break even, pay their employees and thats about it. Anything more and a non profit is crossing the line.

As far as the BSA being my "beloved" I am no more in the BSA anymore other than in some alumni organizations. And I dont particularly care for the BSA anymore because they caved to the queers in the last two years. First deciding to admit gay boys and lately, deciding to let queer adults be Scoutmasters. I dont agree with that. So BSA is hardly "my beloved."

And the BSA does not attempt to make profits like the CMP does.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    You know that a 501(C)(3) corporation can make money don't you?

Your beloved BSA wouldn't sell popcorn for $28/bag if they weren't trying to turn a profit.