Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gotten sick and fffing tired of CMP's "non profit" corporation status

How about this? The CMP is full of dodo In 2009 was the CMP full of dodo? I dont think so. But they've changed. Non profit corporation on paper only. Technically yeah, they obviously file with the Alabama Secretary of State's office as a non profit. But they should be filing as a for profit, instead.

Aint nothing wrong with making a ton of money, hell I love money. But I believe if you are gonna be in the for profit business, you should file for profit.

And I am no serf.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I think the cmp forum is a source of a lot of anger and resentment. It is there as a sales tool to pique interest in their wares. The cmp doesn't really care about how angry the serfs get when they throw an orgy for the inner circle gca guys. The pillaging of Anniston created millions in sales as every piece of loot was described and depicted on the forum along with details on the pricing.
    The cmp doesn't present as an altruistic non-profit do gooder organization which obviously pisses some people (Eric) off, but If you check on the compensation packages CEO's and their underbosses for all the major non-profit charities get you will never donate again.
    Last edited by Orlando; 10-06-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Keep the profanity out of the post or take it to the war room
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Wow Jon, I forgot about that one. That comment got me banned for 1 month but they extended it to 3. The "feathering the nest" one got me banned for life without parole.
    At least you got a one-time pardon. Back in February I called some body out for admitting to buying rifles from the CMP for the strict intention of reselling them and got banned. No warning, no time-out, just banned, that quick. The homies at the CMP don't want anyone to know what goes on behind closed doors. What happens at the CMP stays at the CMP, or so they hope.
    Jon

Junior Cadet
    Not For Profit has nothing to do with fees charged for services, and we all have a choice whether or not to support CMP.

I don't think that the CMP is the "final authority" on anything with the M1 Garand. if you live near one or can travel, there are a handful of Summer training classes on various gunsmithing topics at gunsmithing trade schools. You can take a s ingle class or several. There are courses on M1 Garand maintenace. There are also M1 Garand armorer courses available on DVD from the Gunsmithing institute. The onlt thing that these school or the CMP facility has that you do not are all of the tools, jigs and fixtures. For adjusting sights, there is a great training video from 1943 that goes into that, as well as many other good video instruction on Youtube and Google search. Sure, often you have to weed through bad stuff to find good stuff. Now, if you are talking about machining the parts and how the detents were calculated and such, well,m that is more beyond the scope of just about anyone, except for maybe Julian Hatcher. Can understand your wanting to go through the CMP instruction. Only advice i can offer is that they aren;t going to change their price and if you REALLY, REALLY want to take the course, then just pay the price and do it. If you want to lead a campaign to have the lower the price for the benefit of others that follow, then that could be your personal contribution.

What if a non-profit's expenses increase....IDK....electricity, facility maintenance, employee salary, etc, etc.......are they not allowed to raise prices or what not to cover those expenses? Just curious. I took Business Law in college, but it dealt mostly with contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTwistedFock View Post
    How about this? The CMP is full of dodo In 2009 was the CMP full of dodo? I dont think so. But they've changed. Non profit corporation on paper only. Technically yeah, they obviously file with the Alabama Secretary of State's office as a non profit. But they should be filing as a for profit, instead.

Aint nothing wrong with making a ton of money, hell I love money. But I believe if you are gonna be in the for profit business, you should file for profit.

And I am no serf.
    You haven't the slightest clue how a non-profit works.

Non profit, not for profit, it does get sort of confusing. I do understand that folks get a little peeved when they see the COO, his wife, and the minions pulling down a nice salary. On the other hand I'm sure Orest would have been pulling down a nice salary in the private sector. Building Orestland when so many people have to shoot at low tech abandoned quarries annoyed a few folks no doubt. I've read the reports on Orestland. Some patrons have reported being the only person shooting. For what that theme park cost they could have built a couple of hundred nice, clean, safe ranges for everyone to use. None of this, however, has anything to do with the cmp's tax status.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Thread resurrection.

It’s ALIVE!!!

War Room Ready
    I don't know why (after all my years on the planet it shouldn't) but it continues to amaze me how many times you can swat a puppy and it will go back and pee in the same place. And then still look at you seeking approval.
    And seemingly forget entirely that you swatted it just yesterday.