Thread: Mini G = 30 cal or 35 cal... What about BM14?

Mini G = 30 cal or 35 cal... What about BM14?

So I just watched the BM14 video and got to thinking about how awesome a bush rifle it would be. Then I got to thinking... What about a 35 cal??? The Mini can be 30-06 and 35 Whelen... There are just about as many chambers based on the 308 as the 30-06, maybe more. I know of no manufacturers that make 358 Winchester barrel with a Garand contour, I've looked. I think criterion makes 35 cal barrel that they said I could have a rifle smith chamber. Any chance you've got something like that in the back of you mind for the BM14?

I do not have that in the back of my mind, sorry. It is intriguing though.

I certainly am going to dream about it. I'd take it back home to Wyoming for Moose, Bear,... Pretty much anything. Would be a great "Back Country" gun.
    Last edited by medman; 11-08-2015 at 03:25 PM.

What about the .338 Federal? It's based on the .308 so it should feed in M14 mags.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Junior Cadet
    I've been thinking about a 358 winchester mini-G ever since Tim made my 35 Whelen mini-G. Matter of fact, I have a bm59e copy to use as a sacrificial lamb. The chamber is good but the bore is the pits(pun intended). If it doesn't work I can always switch it back. Sound good Tim?