View Poll Results: Mini G or Mag Fed Mini G for my next conversion?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magazine Fed Mini G (with drop down gas tube and comp)

11 64.71%
  • en bloc Fed Mini G (with drop down gas tube and comp)

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MiniG with drop down gas tube (or) Mag Fed MiniG with drop down gas tube???

MiniG with drop down gas tube (or) Mag Fed MiniG with drop down gas tube???

Below are pictures of the next M1 that I want Tim to work on.
    I need help deciding on what way to go... MiniG or Mag Fed Mini G... what say you?

Either way I want the gas tube and 7 inch BM59 comp on the beast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by medman; 11-22-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Have fun deciding, it's the joy of life.

I have not been as anxious about a choice between two things since finals in college!

Quote Originally Posted by medman View Post
    I have not been as anxious about a choice between two things since finals in college!
    Always choose "C" when guessing.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

That's the conventional wisdom. Wish it worked with guns.

The Mini-G was always in my opinion an iron sight carbine size brush gun, truck gun, home defense gun. The mag fed is more of a military style rifle. A short version of the BM59 that takes the less expensive M14 mags. I would expect that the mag fed people pamper them while the standard Mini-G gets ridden hard and put away wet. I've seen a few that have come through Tim's shop for service and both of us were amazed they still ran. Obviously never cleaned, lubed, with so much powder residue in the stock it took a mallet to get them apart. Still ran though.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    The Mini-G was always in my opinion an iron sight carbine size brush gun, truck gun, home defense gun. The mag fed is more of a military style rifle. A short version of the BM59 that takes the less expensive M14 mags. I would expect that the mag fed people pamper them while the standard Mini-G gets ridden hard and put away wet. I've seen a few that have come through Tim's shop for service and both of us were amazed they still ran. Obviously never cleaned, lubed, with so much powder residue in the stock it took a mallet to get them apart. Still ran though.
    That's kind of what $700 v $1300 will do to people. Lol.
    I've got a mini g already that I treat like a rodeo queen. It get a nice comfy place in my safe, is inside a gun sock, and is handled with gentle hands just like a lady... Then when it's time for business she puts on leather, gets to work, and rides hard!

The mag fed will be no different... Just need to get some more funds for the conversion. Sure wish my DPMS Upper would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by medman View Post
    That's kind of what $700 v $1300 will do to people. Lol.
    I've got a mini g already that I treat like a rodeo queen. It get a nice comfy place in my safe, is inside a gun sock, and is handled with gentle hands just like a lady... Then when it's time for business she puts on leather, gets to work, and rides hard!

The mag fed will be no different... Just need to get some more funds for the conversion. Sure wish my DPMS Upper would sell.
    Holy Moses!

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Holy Moses!

Moses was the giver of the law. My Mag Fed Mini G will simply lay down the law.
    Maybe I'll name the rifle Moses...
    Q: What is best in life?
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

The wait begins!
    Sent off the rifle for conversion yesterday.
    Decided to go with Mag fed MiniG with a drop down gas cylinder.

It's going to be a long 21+ days.
    Thanks for the service Mr. Tim!
    Q: What is best in life?
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!