Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35 whelen

35 whelen

It won't be long, Criterion will be offering Garand 35 Whelen barrels. I'm hoping by March.

My only question is '' WHY''?
    Jon

I don't know, why 30/06? Why .308? Why .270? Why does it hold 8 rounds? Why do you need a Garand? Why do you need a gun? Why do you need to live in california? Why do fools fall in love?

My favorite cartridge is probably 35 Whelen. I really like the caliber. It knocks down big things. It is very accurate with little elevation needed to 300 yards and 300 yards is all I can shoot with open sights.

Does that mean if we send in a Garand for a 35 Whelen conversion that we will be waiting until 3/2016 to get it back? Thanks.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Does that mean if we send in a Garand for a 35 Whelen conversion that we will be waiting until 3/2016 to get it back? Thanks.
    No, I won't take orders till they have those barrels. I have been trying to get them since late last year.

Good to know. So here's an oddball question then. Will 35 Whelen be the only offering or will Criterion be able to offer the 35 Whelan AI?

Second question. Are these brand new barrels or rebores? Thanks.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*

They could offer AI but they won't, they'll have a tough enough time selling the standard ones. The barrels are new.

Thank you sir.

Have they considered offering an unchambered barrel? I could see someone wanting a 358 Winchester. A mag fee miniG in 358 Win could be a neat unique rifle.
    The Maxims ....

Criterion can hardly sell the gas trap barrels, they aren't going to be able to sell a niche item as you are asking about Centurion. Those types of things are probably items that a barrel reboring shop would have to do.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Thank you sir.

Have they considered offering an unchambered barrel? I could see someone wanting a 358 Winchester. A mag fee miniG in 358 Win could be a neat unique rifle.
    How much would you be willing to pay for a 358 Win barrel? Your choice of lengths of course.