Thread: The National Guard

The National Guard

To me it seems that the National Guard is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. Am I the only one that sees it this way?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Where and how?
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Where and how?
    Stuff like shooting students, kicking down doors and confiscating guns. Stuff like that.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Stuff like shooting students, kicking down doors and confiscating guns. Stuff like that.
    OK. May 4th, 1970. And the rest?? To come maybe? I think that the .gov has those things in mind and we need to keep an eye out but I thought you had something more recent in mind.
    !

More recently New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    More recently New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.
    I don't think the GUARD was involved in that stuff, only some misguided members of NOPD, acting on orders from Mayor Nagin... the practice was stopped almost immediately when one of those that they attempted to "relieve" of his firearms turned out to be an attorney, who verbally "lit them up" and threatened to not only sue the city, but file criminal charges against the officers for "aggravated assault and armed robbery", as well as malfeasance and misuse of their official police powers..... in any case, the attempt was stopped dead in it's tracks....

National Guard is OK. Its the only branch of the military I'd be willing to join anymore. That or the Air National Guard or the Coast Guard. Because they are purely defensive. Plus the National Guard supports marksmanship more than the regular branches do. For example the NC National Guard still lets civilians use its main National Guard base at Camp Butner, NC. Probably a few other examples like it.

Plus my Grandfather was a National Guard retiree (Major) and my Dad was in the National Guard and its useful to slip out of the regular military when there is a war going on somewhere thats not worth dying in. Such as back in Vietnam. Join the Guard instead...the odds are you wont get killed even if your unit is activated.

The National Guard is the "organized militia" the founding fathers intended there to be in the Constitution. The founding fathers never intended for us to have such a huge, permanent standing Army or Marine Corps. Except during times of formally declared war, such as the Civil War, World War 1 and World War 2.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum