Thread: Mini-G

Junior Cadet

Mini-G

I received this Mini-G (308) from Tim on Christmas eve day. It's built on a CMP service grade. I'm very pleased with the rifle - it's everything I hoped it would be concerning workmanship and finish and the trigger job is superb! The first time out shooting at 25 yards the first two shots were touching. However a group showed a 2 inch vertical stringing pattern. I haven't had opportunity to check it out at 100 yds yet and making sure the rifle is properly rested (and with careful aim) to see what the group will look like.

Thanks Tim!

Last edited by PhilRich; 01-16-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Very nIce rifle. Is that a lead dipped receiver heel I see?

Have fun and let us know how it does at 100.

Junior Cadet
    Its a marine rebuild, I shipped it off for the rework before really examining the rifle, however according to the picture it does look like a lead dipped heel. Shuff's reparked the rifle.

I have never been able to fully embrace the "tactical" look on a historical rifle, and love the graceful appearance of a wood stock. You have a great looking rifle there!

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunt67 View Post
    I have never been able to fully embrace the "tactical" look on a historical rifle, and love the graceful appearance of a wood stock. You have a great looking rifle there!
    Thanks!

I'm going to refinish the stock. It currently has the CMP stain. For whatever reason the rifle came in at just under 9 lbs, not sure why its about a pound heavier than expected. I plan on removing the extra wood in the stock - should reduce the weight some.