Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911 pricing is out

Patriot
    It will be interesting to watch.
    Last edited by ordmm; 01-21-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    I'm on this list,no way in hell I'm paying $1,000.00 for a rack grade.I don't give a crap about the "oh,but it's for a good cause crap"!!!

Prince, heck with those usgi 1911's. If you want a good one, get a Norinco 1911. They can be had very inexpensively and are of far better quality. I have one and it is both gorgeous and of great quality.

But Tim,
    Your Chink knock-off lacks the mystique, aura, and history of the real deal.
    Jon
    Last edited by musketjon; 01-21-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    But Tim,
    Jon
    How many times have we heard "If these (insert weapon name here) could only talk.". Tim's 1911 would speak Mandarin.
    !

Patriot
    I would probably pay $1K for a service grade. Otherwise basically for the same price you can get a Refinished Rifle with a new barrel and new wood, or you can have a rack grade beater pistol with a slide that's only hardened in a few spots...

Sounds like me--hard in a few spots.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    But Tim,
    Jon
    So does my Para-Ordnance but I LIKE sending 14+1 45 rounds downrange before reloading.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

I've got a feeling theoretical cmp pricing is the least of the gi 1911s troubles:

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017

Subtitle E—Other Matters
    SEC. 331. REPURPOSING AND REUSE OF SURPLUS MILITARY FIREARMS.

(a) Army Transfers.—

(1) REQUIRED TRANSFER.—Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the Secretary of the Army shall transfer to Rock Island Arsenal all excess firearms, related spare parts and components, small arms ammunition, and ammunition components currently stored at Defense Distribution Depot, Anniston, Alabama, that are no longer actively issued for military service.

(2) REPURPOSING AND REUSE.—The items specified for transfer under paragraph (1) shall be melted and repurposed for military use as determined by the Secretary of the Army, including—

(A) the re-forging of new firearms or their components; and

(B) force protection barriers and security bollards.

(3) TRANSFER FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES.—Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), the Secretary may transfer up to 2,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols and 2,000 M–14 Rifles to a military museum for display and preservation.

(4) ITEMS EXEMPT FROM TRANSFER.—M–1 Garand and caliber .22 rimfire rifles are not subject to the transfer requirement under paragraph (1).

(b) Navy Transfers.—Section 40728 of title 36, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

“(i) Authorized Navy Transfers.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding subsections (a) and (b), the Secretary of the Navy may transfer to the corporation, in accordance with the procedures prescribed in this subchapter, M–1 Garand and caliber .22 rimfire rifles held within the inventories of the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps and stored at Defense Distribution Depot, Anniston, Alabama, or Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana, as of the date of the enactment of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017.

“(2) USE AS MARKSMANSHIP TROPHIES.—The items specified for transfer under paragraph (1) shall be used as awards for competitors in marksmanship competitions held by the United States Marine Corps or the United States Navy and may not be resold.”.

That's the Senate version of the bill. The House version (H.R. 4909) does not have that language, or even that section. That will need to be reconciled prior to final passage. There are much bigger fish to fry in the overall bill; some Dem staffer probably snuck the language into an amendment unnoticed in committee. Reps have the votes to remove the section in Reconciliation, if they feel it's in their interests.

These eggs haven't hatched yet.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.