Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911 pricing is out

Why don't we volunteer to go down to anniston to help unpack, sort and grade these pistols the way the gca does for Garands?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Why don't we volunteer to go down to anniston to help unpack, sort and grade these pistols the way the gca does for Garands?
    You have to be in the right club for that.

Ahhh, another lottery I will lose
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I wonder if this will be an actual lottery. I guess it doesn't matter though because I already have the finest of 1911's.
    As they say: "Pictures or it doesn't exist" !!

War Room Ready
    CMP 1911. Uhhhhhhhhhh..................no.

Check out the info for the rack grade....Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.
    Why would you pay $850.00 for a 1911 that still needs repairs and what does cmp consider minor work ?

CMP 1911 pricing:
    CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.
    Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.
    The shipping cost is included in the price.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Same reason people buy Rack Grade Garands, many of them you need to replace stocks and or hand guards and barrel and other assorted parts
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Same reason people buy Rack Grade Garands, many of them you need to replace stocks and or hand guards and barrel and other assorted parts
    I agree with you 100% about the garands. I am questioning the word "issuable". Does that mean it is not safe-to-fire without minor work ? Or does that it mean it only needs cosmetic work ?
    Last edited by jak; 05-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I agree with you 100% about the garands. I am questioning the word "issuable". Do that mean it is not safe-to-fire without minor work ? Or does that it mean it only needs cosmetic work ?
    Seriously, and I mean this, I've not yet seen a rack or field grade Garand that didn't come to me checking out on headspace. Now the specials and such with new barrels, I have seen a few that did not pass go. I'd rather fire a rifle with some worn parts than one with short headspace any day of the week.

Maybe it cannot be fired until it is checked out and any repairs/replacements made. I really still don;t see what the big deal everyone seems to be placing one these. Is it that CMP "certificate" identifying it as a real US Military surplus arm? Aren;t the vast majority of the 1911-1945 pistols US military surplus? Do people think that these will immediately gain a premium in value just because it came from the CMP? Are those people just looking to turn it around and make a quick buck? I just don't really get the "excitement" over these. Then, if you start replacing parts, all you might have left original are the frame and slide.

Besides....I am in Afghanistan, at a very small NATO base. There isn;t even a US Psot office here and not even an ATM to get any cash!
    How the hell am I going to get an application notarized out here and then mail it back to the CMP? Lat time I mailed something from Bagram Air Base, it took three months to get to the States!