Thread: Project Eldest Son

Project Eldest Son

I didn't know exactly where to post this one. For those that don't get to the CMP Forum....this is one of the interesting Special Force operations during Viet Nam. I read this years ago........what a great idea.....even if the Brits thought of it first. Its important to read your history and use it to your advantage!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

Simple program and one meant to get into the heads of the enemy. Makes you wonder what the aftermath was.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Simple program and one meant to get into the heads of the enemy. Makes you wonder what the aftermath was.
    LOL, good one Tim.....according to the article the rifle bolt would indeed "get into the head" of the enemy most likely causing a "piercing" headache.

Patriot
    Wonder if the guys who came up with the "rounds that go boom" program also came up with this one......

jungle boot foot print.jpg

Additional info on effectiveness of project "Eldest Son".

www.modernforces.com/uniform_italian_green.htm

credit to CMP forum member Super Duty-KTP for this info.
    Last edited by mxlmax; 02-12-2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Credit

Junior Cadet
    25 or 30 years ago, I read an article written by a Viet Nam Veteran regarding booby trapped weapons. In it, he described how he liberated an SKS to take home as a souvenir, while an ARVN soldier who accompanied him selected an AK-47. While the Vietnamese soldier was test firing the AK, the bolt blasted back into his eye, killing him instantly.

Because of this, the American stated that he never once fired the SKS, and just hung it on the wall of his den. After reading about "Eldest Son", I'd bet a dollar that they stumbled onto some of this ammunition, and that SKS was perfectly safe to fire.

At any rate, pretty interesting read about "Eldest Son".