Thread: My baby is sick but getting better

Patriot

My baby is sick but getting better

My 10 year old lab that is not speyed developed pyometra . She started feeling bad Thursday. I took her to the emergency vet Friday at Midnight and was there till 3, she had surgery early in the morning. She is in pain and discomfort and I feel awful that I can only do so much. She cries as soon as I leave her side .
    If your dog is not speyed and near 10 please think about doing so . I did not think the risk was so high for a well kept dog. She prefers the couch and a raft in the pool over field and stream. My wife takes her in the morning to be checked over. I hope she is ok the pain seem unbearable.

I'm really sorry to hear about you buddy. An operation on an older dog is rough.
    Just like any surgery, the first couple of days are the worse.
    I hope the antibiotics work and the pain meds will make her more comfortable.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I know first hand what you're experiencing. My heart and prayers go out to you. Please keep us posted.
    Jon

I spayed my lab at about 10 months. Like anything else you're told to do, your mileage may vary. Her chest has two tumors in it and they've been getting bigger and bigger. Spaying was supposed to lower the chance of fatty and cancerous tumors. I guess she might have had four instead of two?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I hope everything goes well for your baby,and the pain is gone.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Hope it turns out well!
    !

Patriot
    Thanks guys , she started feeling better today.