Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh the drama!

I bet whoever has this video, if it exists at all, is right now blackmailing MJ out of a couple collector grade Garands.

I was at, or near, the sales tables about the time this went down. I saw nothing that indicated there was a issue.
    !

Patriot
    Am waiting...In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for the usual "Hitler Rant" vid on youtube.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Am waiting...In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for the usual "Hitler Rant" vid on youtube.
    It can't be long...

Still nothing, putting beer back in fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Still nothing, putting beer back in fridge.
    Drink the beer. You can get more if the sparks start flying.
    !

I know RD69 a little. I sold him a bunch of CMP M2 ball ammo and some CMP Hornady Amax match ammo the late summer of 2012. He was super straightforward and super easy to deal with. He's a retired Army Paratrooper and was living in the Fayetteville area then. He HATES AR-15s and the M-16 platform, I mean he DESPISES ARs...told me he wont allow an AR-15 on his property. The reason is he served in both Somalia in the early nineties and in the GWOT in the middle east and he had a ton of bad experiences with the 5.56 NATO round being ineffective on drug pumped up indigenous peoples in Somalia and on insurgents in Iraq.

He's an expert on the M-14. He told me some cool but disheartening sounding stories about his time overseas and with regards to M-14s having to be airdropped into the mountains of Afghanistan when he was there.

RD69 is no bs, his knees are busted up from years of serving in Army Airborne units he admitted to me.

I'd trust his word over Mark Johnson's anyday. Ive watched how the CMP has changed since Johnson took over, the guy seems like a jerk. Johnson comes across like a major redneck. Like, born and bred in Alabama and damn proud of that. He seems like the kind of guy that if you ask him a simple, straightforward question, he will give you a line of bs oftentimes especially if he is not in a good mood. Orest was a jerk as well although he was quieter about it, although his wife was and is a nice lady.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Quote Originally Posted by MrTwistedFock View Post
    I know RD69 a little. I sold him a bunch of CMP M2 ball ammo and some CMP Hornady Amax match ammo the late summer of 2012. He was super straightforward and super easy to deal with. He's a retired Army Paratrooper and was living in the Fayetteville area then. He HATES AR-15s and the M-16 platform, I mean he DESPISES ARs...told me he wont allow an AR-15 on his property. The reason is he served in both Somalia in the early nineties and in the GWOT in the middle east and he had a ton of bad experiences with the 5.56 NATO round being ineffective on drug pumped up indigenous peoples in Somalia and on insurgents in Iraq.

He's an expert on the M-14. He told me some cool but disheartening sounding stories about his time overseas and with regards to M-14s having to be airdropped into the mountains of Afghanistan when he was there.

RD69 is no bs, his knees are busted up from years of serving in Army Airborne units he admitted to me.

I'd trust his word over Mark Johnson's anyday. Ive watched how the CMP has changed since Johnson took over, the guy seems like a jerk. Johnson comes across like a major redneck. Like, born and bred in Alabama and damn proud of that. He seems like the kind of guy that if you ask him a simple, straightforward question, he will give you a line of bs oftentimes especially if he is not in a good mood. Orest was a jerk as well although he was quieter about it, although his wife was and is a nice lady.
    Uh... What?

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Uh... What?

Eli
    Don't feed the trolls.

Uh what what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Uh... What?

Eli
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

RD69 should learn about alternate calibers (6.8 SPC or even 358 MGP).

Love my Garands but AR's have a spot too.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'