Thread: .308 Barrel & Ammo

Cadet

.308 Barrel & Ammo

Just wondering on the .308 barrel... never had one before and I'm reading that .308 Win vs 7.62 barrels may have an issue with what ammo I can shoot out of it?

Is this the same thing with you can shoot .223 out of a 5.56 barrel but not 5.56 out of a .223 barrel?

Also, I'm looking to stock some .308/7.62 ammo for the rifle... came across great deals on the ZQI ammo, Aguila and starting to get a little up there with Prvi.

Looking for decent plinking ammo with decent accuracy. What has been your experience for those that shoot the 308 mini?

Not quite the same. Ream a barrel for .308, I do it on the long side, and you're good for 7.62 NATO too.

Cadet
    Great thanks for the info. Any ammo testing on ZQI or Prvi M80 ball in the mini G?

Looking for decent plinking ammo that's shoots 3-4 MOA with irons/red dot and around 2 MOA with a scope.

That's the groupings I was getting with prvi's M2 ball ammo.

For fun I'll be shooting a 10" plate at 200 and 300 yards. Want something that will ding fairly consistently.

Hell, the test firing ammo that my bro Buzzy makes me will will do that using pulled crap. Don't even ask me what he makes it from, he just does it and I give him money.