Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Nigerian stock

Junior Cadet

M1 Garand Nigerian stock

I bought a couple of these they are straight out of the duplicator but pretty good only took minor fitting for the action. I wanted to buy them all and modify them for the bm59 cuts but I don't have time for that kind of undertaking. supposedly they were left over unfinished stocks from reese surplus (reese surplus surplus). (hampels gun shop traverse city Mi)
    I know people are looking for Nigerian stocks so with a few hours of work you could have one for yor bm or garand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-Garand-Ni...8AAOSwNRdX4uRx

Hope this helps out
    PS getting closer on cranking out the clip guides.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by crazynoto View Post
    I bought a couple of these they are straight out of the duplicator but pretty good only took minor fitting for the action.http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-Garand-Ni...8AAOSwNRdX4uRx

Looked at the ebay listing and from what the pics showed looked pretty good. Price was pretty good and probably the reason it sold so quick. Are they still producing these? And if so would you care to post some contact info----or will you be selling some?

Again thanks for the post!

Junior Cadet
    No, old stock they are supposed leftovers from Reese just call the shop, I asked him some questions on eBay and found out where they were and called them directly. FYI they are a few bucks cheaper if you call them directly they had about 2 dozen 2 weeks ago

Cadet
    Looks like they have more. Another one was listed tonight.

Junior Cadet
    They have a bunch if you call them directly you can get a better deal

Quote Originally Posted by crazynoto View Post
    They have a bunch if you call them directly you can get a better deal
    How much better?
    [SIGPIC]

Junior Cadet
    Not much but it is worth calling them directly especially if you buy more than one. $25 less

Yours must have been more done than mine. I'd say the stock is about 80%. There is no inletting for a butt plate of any kind. It has to be shaped and mortised - that's not simple task. the pistol grip looks like it was carved from a tree stump with a dull hatchet. it will take a lot of sanding to get it close to smooth. The surface of the stock and guard and just a little rougher than concrete. I'm in the business of working on stocks. If someone sent this to me, they'd be looking at a few hundred dollars to make it workable.
    [SIGPIC]

Junior Cadet
    Yep that pretty much describes it , I got the butt plate fit pretty quick but I have to bore the holes for the cleaning kit, the outside side is a little rougher than concrete, but I shaped the outside with a belt sander to get it roughed in ,I still need to set it o in the Bridgeport and make the mag cuts and bipod cuts. I have been looking for a Nigerian for years , I figured I could put some hours into these and actually have some , its easier to take wood off than put it on and it's easier than starting with a 2X6 it will just require some time. Or if I give up I can send them to you and in the end it will probably still be cheaper than if one ever becomes available on the market

The hole issue not drilled for the bolt to secure the pistol grip. How did you attach yours?
    [SIGPIC]