Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took out my Italian converted M1 Antelope hunting.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Took out my Italian converted M1 Antelope hunting.

Went Antelope hunting today with My .308 Italian converted M1(receiver is WRA),and culled a small Buck at 250 yards.1 shot kill,we will eat for a whole week now.

"The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

What load are you using?

Eli

I hope Sean can see this. There's something minimal and freeing about hunting with an M1 receivered rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I hope Sean can see this. There's something minimal and freeing about hunting with an M1 receivered rifle.
    I know,I always try to use one different M1 each year.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    What load are you using?

Eli
    I used my typical .308 hunting load consisting of 41.2 grn IMR4o64,Sierra 150grn Psp,and a Winchester large rifle magnum primer.

Founding Member
    I've got to make a trip to Big Sky country!!!

Very nice Humpi !!!!
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    I really enjoy your post and pictures of animals you have hunted with M1s . I also remember watching a few post as you hunted parts and such for these very rifles you hunt with. Meat on the table for a week , thats very cool. As of late my rifles do not even serve as paper weights . You are one guy that no one could argue the use of scopes , certain ammo, where or how to hunt as you make it happen. Still throwing prayers your way.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate19 View Post
    I really enjoy your post and pictures of animals you have hunted with M1s . I also remember watching a few post as you hunted parts and such for these very rifles you hunt with. Meat on the table for a week , thats very cool. As of late my rifles do not even serve as paper weights . You are one guy that no one could argue the use of scopes , certain ammo, where or how to hunt as you make it happen. Still throwing prayers your way.
    Thank you for the continued prayers,and kind words my friend.

Get a leaf blower.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau