Thread: 1917 rifle Safety Lock Holder screw size

1917 rifle Safety Lock Holder screw size

Hi all

I am building an other 1917 barreled receiver. I need to know the size of the screw that holds the Safety Lock Holder screw.

That little wedge thing at the back of the receiver. I hate paying Sarco $3.00 a piece for a chewed up machine screw I can most likely get for .20

cents if I just knew the size. Can anyone help me out????

Axe
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Cadet
    I cant tell you what size it is but what size it is not. I pulled one of mine out and measured it. My gauge only goes to 44tpi and it looks finer than that, but just barely. So maybe a #6-48? Thats a common size on some scope mounts.

Overall length is .413, under the head is .307 and only the threaded portion is .231

Last edited by flying2275; 11-02-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Mike, on the 1903 and the A3 the trigger guard screws, the magazine cut-off screw, and another I can't remember right now are some sort of proprietary thread size. You may have to pick one up at the next show.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau