Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    you guys are braver than me
    My last half dozen or so field grades were the worst rifles I've ever gotten from CMP. None were worth the price and none were worth saving. I only ordered more to use for bm59 builds
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    According to customer service, the CMP is not currently processing any field grade orders. They are only shipping specials
    Got a source for that?

My last half dozen or so field grades were the worst rifles I've ever gotten from CMP. None were worth the price and none were worth saving. I only ordered more to use for bm59 builds
    You know, 'found-in-a-field grade' rifles!

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Got a source for that?

You know, 'found-in-a-field grade' rifles!

Eli

Someone posted a copy of his email from customer service stating such

You don't get any good finds for parts in the current field grades as they are assembled from piles of loose parts. All the rare and special parts are culled and separated
    [SIGPIC]

You don't get any good finds for parts in the current field grades as they are assembled from piles of loose parts. All the rare and special parts are culled and separated
    Who culls the parts? gca "volunteers"?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Finally got my DBU last week, so things are progressing! I'm honestly a bit excited, this is my first order of 'GUNS DIRECT FROM THE GOVERNMENT!'

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Finally got my DBU last week, so things are progressing! I'm honestly a bit excited, this is my first order of 'GUNS DIRECT FROM THE GOVERNMENT!'

Eli
    sort of. technically, CMP is not a government organization. it's a private 501c3. Of course, the CMP exists only thanks to crony capitalism, so they might as well be a government operation
    [SIGPIC]

sort of. technically, CMP is not a government organization. it's a private 501c3. Of course, the CMP exists only thanks to crony capitalism, so they might as well be a government operation
    I figure it's an American version of a Crown Corporation, so it's technically correct.

Eli

It's in the e-store... I thought these things were FIFO but a thread check shows RM1 Field orders sent weeks after mine to have lower order numbers - several hundred lower. They must be BUSY to process everything, I wouldn't be surprised it it's months.

Eli

Junior Cadet
    I was discussing this last week on CMP forum but was deleted by the great moderator in the sky (Bid Red) without an explanation beyond: being deleted in 5...4...3...2...1. I know I was within the "rules." I think it was the ...nobody seems to know... Then a brief link to a long post about the process. My next post was suggesting this info be stickied. Not a word in reply. I guess its easier to just be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Colomountain View Post
    I was discussing this last week on CMP forum but was deleted by the great moderator in the sky (Bid Red) without an explanation beyond: being deleted in 5...4...3...2...1. I know I was within the "rules." I think it was the ...nobody seems to know... Then a brief link to a long post about the process. My next post was suggesting this info be stickied. Not a word in reply. I guess its easier to just be rude.
    I intentionally didn't 'stickie' anything. My only regret is not ordering a month sooner when the turnaround was 2 weeks so I could place a 2017 order as well. Now, they're 'sold out' again, so what I get is what I get.

Eli