Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dupage Malcontents

The Dupage Malcontents

Watching the cmp action over Dupage trading. Everyone in the hobby knows that everything Dupage sells is sort of a crapshoot-unless you personally tell Jim what you want. If you are disappointed over the 20 EMcF stocks you bought for 50 bucks there is something wrong with you. You can't hit a home run everytime. Bent bayonets? Bayonets are so soft i can bend them with my teeth. Take off the grips, pop the handle in a vise and in two seconds you can bend them straight as an arrow. I think that sometimes people expect too much. Just my opinion.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I haven't seen that thread over there. Perhaps a link to it would provide some much needed entertainment. I do agree that you shouldn't expect anything mint and factory fresh from anyone if they are selling you the item for 10% of the retail price.
    !

Patriot
    Jim is a throw back to another time in surplus firearm stuff. In some cases I expect some now possess an "amazon" type expectation of delivery in a day or two and if it does not meet expectations an immediate return is arranged. Times change and nothing wrong with that I guess.

Considering the piles and piles of parts and such that DuPage ships there are not surprised a few dogs get shipped, but one would think for every dog there is a whole shit load a good deals that got bought, shipped, and received. Wood especially is a tough one without resorting to individual pics for every stick you want to sell.

OH......for the days of the M1G parts kits...think the first offering was sub $149. and I know I spend every dime I had on 'em. Man---there was some epic deals back in the day. Not so much anymore, but they still show up---just need to have rocks for testicles sometimes to take a chance.

It's been said there is a t-shirt in frame behind his desk that is imprinted with "No Wood For You" --"You Are Not Worthy".....or some such thing. Now that's some funny stuff. (actually remember the story behind it but don't want to open any old wounds)

Anyway....did business with Jim when he as at the place in Joliet and he did shows in the Chicago area. Made money from stuff I bought from him and always received better than expected. The guy is an encyclopedia of the who-what-when of the massive surplus buys of old.

Jim's a great guy----IMO

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    I haven't seen that thread over there. Perhaps a link to it would provide some much needed entertainment. I do agree that you shouldn't expect anything mint and factory fresh from anyone if they are selling you the item for 10% of the retail price.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=202586
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I've got a ton of "treasure" from Jim,and only a couple things that I couldn't fix/use.I love Dupage.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Love-hate relationship.

He gets the CMP wares in exchange for his stocks. Too many local stories about shitty customer service.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Love-hate relationship.

He gets the CMP wares in exchange for his stocks. Too many local stories about shitty customer service.

Wow.......what a news flash...DuPage swaps stuff with the CMP!

Anyway, what is it that DuPage is lacking in customer service in your neck of the woods?

Most often times this kind of B.S. comes from someone who demands extra special treatment in exchange for great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Wow.......what a news flash...DuPage swaps stuff with the CMP!

Anyway, what is it that DuPage is lacking in customer service in your neck of the woods?

Most often times this kind of B.S. comes from someone who demands extra special treatment in exchange for great feedback.
    Not sure what BS you're talking about. The place has nothing I need...and bad experiences go way beyond just the occasional hard to please customer.

Patriot
    And in the latest installment of "What's New At DuPage" it's CREOSOTE! Learn all about creosote.

Is it possible Jim in enjoying the show?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=203226

I wonder if any of the geniuses called the epa just to ask a few questions about a load of gunstocks covered with creosote? Just like the nitwits that badgered the atf about the use of M16 firing groups in an AR15? They nagged the atf into finally looking into it and they officially banned them-in writing. Don't ask don't tell is my motto.