Thread: FNG With a BM-59 Question--

Cadet

FNG With a BM-59 Question--

Hi, new here, I registered specifically to ask this question, hope I'm in the right place: How in the blazes are you supposed to get the rear sling-swivel screw started? I do not see any room for the nut and plate-- how does it all go together??? Thanks, looking forward to showing y'all my build when it's done-- Lee

the threaded grommet with the flat side goes in the sling swivel hole. The flat washer with flat side goes around the threaded grommet. You put the three pieces, as one, in the stock. You then simply thread the butt screw into them through the butt pad.

Cadet
    Okay, thanks, I thought it must have been something like that. It was the last bit I couldn't quite see how it went, and of course I was so obsessing about it-- now it just all drops together. Thank you again, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ductapeman View Post
    Okay, thanks, I thought it must have been something like that. It was the last bit I couldn't quite see how it went, and of course I was so obsessing about it-- now it just all drops together. Thank you again, sir!
    No problem, happy BM59'n.

Cadet
    Well then, sir, since I have your attention for a moment, I'm getting a kit ready to send your way, have a Breda receiver for it, but would like to ask you: what would the best length barrel to acquire for the kit (Ital build)? Tanker or full-length? Sorry for the trouble-- and now I see a whole section for these blasters, feel free to move if necessary-- Thanks again, Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Ductapeman View Post
    Well then, sir, since I have your attention for a moment, I'm getting a kit ready to send your way, have a Breda receiver for it, but would like to ask you: what would the best length barrel to acquire for the kit (Ital build)? Tanker or full-length? Sorry for the trouble-- and now I see a whole section for these blasters, feel free to move if necessary-- Thanks again, Lee
    If the "Ital build" is the 1/2" short BM59E version, you will need an E barrel. I cannot make one of these. That barrel is 1/2" short at the breech end.

If this is a BM59 (the standard 59 with the bipod and grenade sights), you would need a full length Standard Military Contour barrel.

Cadet
    Okay, yes, I got it in-- once you know the trick it's obvious. Such a quintessentially Italian design-- why use two parts when you can use four? And your cousin's kid needs a job, he can run the stamping machine-- And yes, what I want is the standard military rifle with the bipod and tri-comp-- saving as fast as I can! I thought the kit was refinished until I wiped a bit of powder residue out of it-- I want to buy another kit soon too. (The missing-three-parts kits, I have three full sets of the missing parts--) And once again, thanks for the response, I don't want to be a pest.

ETA: Now I know why the tilting rear sling swivel in my M14E2 won't tilt-- I just have the screw too tight, d'oh--
    Last edited by Ductapeman; 01-24-2017 at 10:21 PM.