Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Finally Did It

I Finally Did It

After being a die hard Ford man my whole life I crossed over to Chevy. My F-150 still ran like a top but was rusting bad and I decided to take a look at the dealership. The next day I now own a new Midnight Edition Silverado. Man how trucks have changed in the last 10 years, there are more gadgets, bells and whistles on this thing than one man ever needs. Its ridiculous trucks arent just trucks anymore
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Can I call you "Traitor Bill" now? Friends don't let friends buy GM products. FORD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jon

I used to be a Ford man until I had to change a 5.4 Triton engine in a 2007 F 250 that pushed snow!

Chevys are a lot easier to work on. Rust is NOT your friend. Nice truck

Rust is inevitable in Ohio. Nice truck, Enjoy.
    !

Patriot
    She is a beauty Bill, congrats. I have driven Chevy all my life only because my Dad did I guess. I tried looking at a few others but they just do not seem to have the comfort or durability that the GM have. Sorry guys thats just an opinion.

Founding Member
    The only thing wrong with that is it's not in my driveway!

Patriot
    Thats well said , LOL.

To tell you the truth the all aluminum bodies now in the Fords scare me. Push on a panel and they flex alot, also aluminum wont rust but it will oxidize. The hood on my old 2007 F-150 was aluminum and started oxidizing/paint blsitering bad when it was 5-6 years old. Ford would not stand behind it as it wasnt oxidizing through from the back. The steel quarter panels also has rot. She only had 75,000 miles on her and never gace me a lick of trouble but the body was going . Thats what happens when you live in a State that dumps alot of salt on the roads in the winter
    I had to decide either to keep her until the wheels fell off or buy a new one. The finance lady ( my wife) said buy new! Heck the night we picked up the truck from the dealer was our anniversary, shes a keeper
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    To tell you the truth the all aluminum bodies now in the Fords scare me.
    I know what you mean because I got a new dodge almost two years ago. The thing has steel and the metal scares me, too much flex.

I've had both chevy's and fords I like them both. I got a 2013 F150 XLT now with twin Turbos. she's a runner.

new tires 33,500 oct 21 2016 001.jpg
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.