Thread: Winchester carbine

Winchester carbine

Hi

I have a M1 carbine Winchester 1339085. I'm guessing it was made in Feb 1944. It has a W on the barrel with an Import stamp ARL ORD ARLINGTON VA on the bottom.

I love it! It has a flat bolt and a milled rear sight.

I know it's a import and wondering what it could be worth? I've had it 25 years and love it! I was thinking of maybe getting a Winchester stock for it but not sure if I should just get a GI stock. Any suggestions?

Sandro
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have no idea on the worth. I'm goona guess $800 but I've never owned a WRA carbine.

Junior Cadet
    Tim's pretty close on the value of the carbine. The extras would add at least another $100. As to changing stocks. Why? the replacement one you have, known as a pot belly stock assisted carbines in the accuracy department better then any others did. If you change the stock it won't add anymore value to the carbine. Your serial number would date to about Oct./ Nov. 1943 time frame.

Thanks. I was honestly love it as it is. It shoots great is my second favorite after my BM59. It was my first until I got Tim's BM59. Probably the best home defense gun ever made.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    They sure are neat little rifles.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Cool

Carbines are fun toys! I got my first one in the late fall of 1953. It has long gone away, but replaced by 2 Win - 1 early & 1 late (from NRA), Rock Ola, NPM, 2 Inland, and another of unk origin?
    I've killed a couple of coyotes and a ground hog or 2 with them.
    Sarge

Here in Wisconsin that would be around $1,100.oo
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Junior Cadet
    I purchased a Winchester M1 Carbine (barrel/receiver/slide) for $700 on the auction site a month or so ago. I've had real good luck getting parts off the auction site that doesn't let you sell guns at reasonable prices.