Thread: Who's had extended cold spells this year?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Who's had extended cold spells this year?

We've had large amounts of snow here in Mt this year,and it's been cold for a long while.We moved into the home we bought the week before Christmas,but I've yet to see the lawn!This will all change now though,it has been in the 40"s since yesterday,and will be up to the 50's soon.There are some nice rivers forming!!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

We had what you had,but it's been fair lately.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Not us. We are experiencing global warming. Must be those new pipelines.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

We had one short cold spell. Tomorrow will be upper 60's and Sunday 75. A bit unseasonably warm but ill take it.
    !

We didn't get much snow this season. It has been mostly mild so far. This week we had only our second accumulating snow storm. We only got 6".
    I always say "I rather cut the grass than shovel snow".
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Going to be nice tomorrow for the first time in a while. We have had two extended cold spells and two instances where I had to plow the drive.

We have only had one snow that amounted to anything, have had ice storms instead. We have used more girts/salt on roads in month of January than we did all last year
    Temps were in the mid teens yeaterday and supposed to be in the 40's this weekend, its been this way all winter
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    Florida has been nice and I have hardly had to wear a jacket yet . We seem to go from cool to very hot faster every year. I think it was two years ago we broke records for staying under60 degrees for over 60 days. That was the worst ever, I do not know how you guys get anything done in that kind of weather LOL.
    Last edited by checkmate19; 02-11-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Founding Member
    Must be gettng close to turkey season!!!