Thread: My replica M1941 USMC Sniper

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My replica M1941 USMC Sniper and other M1903 rifles

Hello Battle Tested Friends,

Am new to this forum and thought I'd share a few of my M1903 Springfield rifles. I absolutely Love the M1903
    and currently own 17 of them, with only one being an A3 (Very nice arsenal refinished Remington). An all correct
    M1903 MkI, a Rock Island, a Documented USMC rifle and one for every year from 1929 throu 1941 with a matching serial
    number/Barrel date. Oh!.......and a Documented 1932 National Match in beautiful condition.

I put the sniper rifle together from parts. Started with an SA 1932 star gaged barrel with MW 2 that I had in the safe. I
    also had the Pre-War C stock. Purchased the 1932 receiver on GunBroker. The Lyman 8x Targetspot scope is not a USMC
    Unertl (Big Bucks).....it looks very similar and is approved for the VSR match. It came with a spoterized Mauser from
    GunBroker. I removed the scope and sold the Mauser for $400 at a gun show, so I am into the scope for about $400. Bruce
    Dow of the Dow Arms Room in Dade City, Florida, installed/headspaced the barrel, drilled/tapped for the scope mounts and
    modified the front hand guard and bore sighted the rifle, all for about $100.

The rifle shoots very well, but I am still learning the scope adjustments and really haven;t had a lot of time for that or getting
    it sighted in/zeroed. Did have a brief opportunity to fire at 1000 yards. Upon firing, I could refocus back onto the target in time
    to see the impact of the round!!!

The target in the one photo is from the very first time I had the rifle at the range at 100 yards. I can't seem to do much better than
    I can with iron sights. I didn;t have a rest at that time.

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jason60chev; 04-29-2017 at 07:34 PM.