Thread: Erfurt P08 Luger made in 1912

Erfurt P08 Luger made in 1912

Hello Battle Tested Friends.......

Another WWI period handgun.......an Erfurt P08 Luger pistol made in 1912. I acquired this from my gun dealer friend a few years ago. I wasn't much interested in it until I saw the unit marking on the front of the grip. Not that that is rare, but is adds to the uniqueness of this pistol and an ability to trace its travels. Nothing else is known of its history/provenance.......could be a WWI Doughboy bring back....or WWII GI bring back....all unknown. There are no import markings and all the serial numbers match, except for one grip screw and the magazine. I do not know if the grips are original; they do not fit too well, as there is an overhang against the front metal of the grip. They do not look new, however. There isn't much finish left, but the proof and other markings are clear. Not a collectible Luger by any means, but interesting, in its own right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patriot
    Interesting hand gun , have you fired it or plan to? Our range is about 1.5 hours away so I have not done alot of shooting. Afew months back a new infoor range opened near by and I have been shooting weekly and having fun shooting many rifles I have had for years but not fired.

Took it to the range once. I had a 9mm Day!!!! Fired about 6 magazines through it. It functioned fine, but the barrel is worn. It (Could have been me, too) fired about 4-6 inches High and right at 10 yards. Wasn't trying to do any precision work with it, just having fun.