Thread: Is this particular build possible.........

Is this particular build possible.........

Hello Battle Tested Friends,

Is this particular build possible........

Using an M1A receiver........install a .308 M1 Tanker barrel.......fitting barrel with a BM59 Drop down gas cylinder.......using a BM59 Straight Op Rod.
    Will have to use the M1A bolt. Stock work might be required.

Basically creating a Mag fed .308 tanker length rifle on an M1A receiver.

Does the Drop down gas cylinder fit the M1 barrel's splines? Will the Op Rod fit into the rear channel of the M1A receiver?

Can't be done Actually mine is everything you want except the receiver is an M1 modified for M14 mags.

Last edited by Punch The Clown; 05-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I guess this is pretty much what I am looking for. Does this particular model have a name? Why no holes in the muzzle device or is it just an extension to make the barrel length legal?

Quote Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
    I guess this is pretty much what I am looking for. Does this particular model have a name? Why no holes in the muzzle device or is it just an extension to make the barrel length legal?
    Tim calls it the BM14. The muzzle device is from a BM69 so I can comply with local ordinances.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

How does it perform, compared to the Scout Squad in your photos? I was looking into the Scout Squad when I came across the BM59s. The E/SL model fits more into my collection of Military surplus arms. I already have a couple of 7.62x39 SHTF rifles, but am really liking that BM14. Maybe later after my BM59SL is complete.

Jason, the BM14 is a design Tim has been building for years. He machines the receivers to fit the M14 mag, machines the trigger housing and front mag catch, machines a really cool bolt stop. The best description would be an M14 with a Garand gas system. Mine is accurate as can be and totally trouble free. With all this BM59 interest I think the BM14 sort of got lost.

I saw that video. It looks really cool. I like it. I do want to do the SL build, though. I think after that, I will look into the BM14. I've already bought the kit, a new stock and extra magazines. Thanks.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Tim calls it the BM14. The muzzle device is from a BM69 so I can comply with local ordinances.
    Stu,
    At least you can have it at present,it looks scary and menacing.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Stu,
    At least you can have it at present,it looks scary and menacing.
    Maybe pink park will help?