Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White lettering?

Quote Originally Posted by mixmaster View Post
    LP
    I got sad news for you. All of the firearms in our armory were filled with white substance, sometimes it was white out fluid and some times it was grease pencil. The reason for this was to clearly see the serial numbers and not for beauty. Even Ma Duece got the treatment as well as our tubes. If it went bang and was in the inventory it got marked! We did not have these firearms in storage for parades.They went into service with the white stuff in their serial numbers! Never got a complaint from the other guys.
    Mix
    823 Combat Security Police
    Mix
    You are full of it!
    Interesting info that is, Thanks for posting
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by MH53GUNNER View Post
    I use a grease pencil. Rub the pencil into the numbering/lettering and wipe down with denatured alcohol.

Mix,
    I see you have a HRA Receiver that has a speckled finish. I picked one up awhile back like it and have seen a few others now and then. Kinda odd
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Senior Member captain_bob_badfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlelvis View Post
    I used a B Paintstick Marker by Markal. Takes well and cleans up with MS. I like it because it has a 'antique' off white shade to it, more character then bright white, IMHO.
    Same thing I've used on mine.