Thread: Just a thanks and update

Junior Cadet

Just a thanks and update

I received the .308 MiniG conversion I had ordered a little while back.
    It had the nutmeg laminate stock and not so well fitting hand guard.
    It almost did not fit the original 30-06 barrel and knew it'd be a tight fit but did not want to remove any wood until the receiver was fitted with the .308 barrel that would remain on it.
    It arrived the 3rd. Almost missed the mail man but he flagged me down so he wouldn't be stuck hauling it around til the 5th. Guess I will get him a 6-pack for Christmas now.
    But the rifle arrived safely and everything appears very well done.
    I have a spare op-rod spring coming and noticed the op-rod spring in the rifle did not want to come out when I disassembled it.
    I assume I just need to give a firmer pull due to the dog leg op-rod bend when the time comes for a re-greasing of the spring.
    I already just happen to have a spare HD clip latch spring on hand that was mentioned I would need in the notes.
    I appreciated the effort of making sure it functioned prior to sending it out.
    Looking forward to getting it shot and put in its place, zeroed and ready to go.
    With any luck the PA bunny cops will grant us the use of semi operated firearms for the 2018 deer season.
    Thanks again.

Please be sure that you put the oprod spring back in the correct direction when you put it back together. It is oriented just like a standard Garand. Pull harder on it when you want it out, it will come.