Thread: 86,000 Philipine Garands Coming Home?

86,000 Philipine Garands Coming Home?

This could get interesting ...

The Government May Soon Be Shipping 86,000 World War 2 Rifles to Homes Across the Country

The Philippines may be shipping 86,000 M1 Garand rifles to the US which will be made available to the US public through the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). The rifles were mostly manufactured prior to 1957 and are considered highly collectible. The program will use the proceeds from the potential sale to fund their operations.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

That news blip you copy and pasted is the first I have heard of these 86k rifles being labeled as possibly collectible. Quotes from the people at the CMP, and others who have actually laid eyes on them, say that they are most likely going to be one big pile of Garand and carbine junk. I'm expecting these rifles to get imported and only about 20% being sold as rifles, the rest as parts.
    !

You guys really think this could happen? I mean... their President hates us at the moment. I'm having a hard time believing this would get the OK from either end.