Thread: BM14 mags

War Room Ready

BM14 mags

Gentlemen,
    Joining the ranks, awaiting my first BM14. Due to be here soon, I think, so starting to stock supplies. I would imagine I'll be using CMI or SA mags for the off-the-shelf sizes, but I will need some 10/20 for the range. Any experience with the
    Country-Spirit offerings or any others as far as reliability? Maybe some of my Brothers stuck here in Kamala-fornia can help? I realize I can block off 20's to 10 rd capacity, but their pics look like neat work, so I thought if they're decent I'll save the trouble for the price.
    Thanks

Bob, I have the new york problem. I use the Checkmate Industries 10 rounders. They fit and feed perfectly. The made in china stuff not so much.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Bob, I have the new york problem. I use the Checkmate Industries 10 rounders. They fit and feed perfectly. The made in china stuff not so much.
    Thanks, Like you, I prefer the USA or at least allied versions. Dont want a cheap eye surgeon, tax lawyer, or firearm. James at the aforementioned had some blocked (10/20) Checkmates for a few dollars more than the "W" marked mags, so I'll pick a few of those up for fun. Not generally a slave to fashion, but the 20's look cool, so for her debut at the Line, I want to dress her right. Also have to log some posts so I can get to the War Room and see what you guys are really up to, heh,heh. Thanks, I'll post some pics and results in a few weeks after I get it and am dialed in.

Checkmates have never failed me.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    Thanks, Like you, I prefer the USA or at least allied versions. Dont want a cheap eye surgeon, tax lawyer, or firearm. James at the aforementioned had some blocked (10/20) Checkmates for a few dollars more than the "W" marked mags, so I'll pick a few of those up for fun. Not generally a slave to fashion, but the 20's look cool, so for her debut at the Line, I want to dress her right. Also have to log some posts so I can get to the War Room and see what you guys are really up to, heh,heh. Thanks, I'll post some pics and results in a few weeks after I get it and am dialed in.
    Bob, you will find the gun handles better with the short 10 rounder. The 20 just gets in the way. Also, your leo's will notice the 20 and then you'll have to give a big explain. The guys here will remember when I had a gun confiscated because of a blocked mag. The folks at firearms control did everything but use a hammer to try to get that extra round in.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Thanks Guys. I have used the CMI mags in a 1911 and never had any ftf issues. (At least not after a clean-up on the ramp) My first .308 though, so thank you. And CMI says 10% off 'til the end of the month site-wide. $22 for a 10rd doesn't sound bad. Extended lead time though, I'll find out what that means with an email. Rifle not here yet anyway so no hurry.
    (Tim if you're reading this, just kidding-no pressure- I learned a long time ago not to anger the cook- they spit in your food.)
    Was just looking around at a couple blocked 10/20 mags for fun. Like it to look like it would in the other 48 states for the debut at the range. I'm visiting in Las Vegas next week though, so..... hey....wait....what is that black helicopter hovering over my house?
    Thank You, Bob