Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag fed garland cycle problem.

Mag fed garland cycle problem.

Ok. I've got a mag fed that will fire off 2 rounds without any problem. After the second round the bolt fails to strip the third round. The bolt face contacts the case head but dose not continue into battery. I've gone up and down on the gas but that's not helping.

Is it the oprod spring or am I missing something?
    Q: What is best in life?
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Medman, need info. BM59 or M-14 conversion? What ammo? What type of jam? Pics of the jam will help.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Punch- I was not smart enough to take a picture. The rifle is one of Tim's m-14 type conversions "mag fed garand". The mags are standard GI issue. Ammo was standard brass cases NATO 7.62 (PPU I think).

The jam occurred like clock work after two successful ignitions. Bang-eject-strip-chamber-lock... bang-eject-ALMOST strip...
    The jam would occur as the bolt face made contact with the head of the round... it would partially strip the round out of the mag but not fully.
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

OK, does the tip of the bullet miss the chamber and jam into the barrel shroud at around 11 o'clock?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

No the cartridge doesn't even clear the feed lips on the mag.

The mags are absolutely GI and not knockoffs? Checkmates are great. Some of the Asian mags have feeding problems. I have a couple that have no notch cut in the follower to clear the front mag catch. Instant jam. Also, I gotta ask. Are the mags absolutely seated in the front mag catch? The front catch has to be engaged and the mag has to be pivoted in.

They are new USGI surplus mags made by checkmate. Yep the mags are seated properly. Lol.

OK, You have a laminate stock I believe. They are famous for dragging the op rod and need a lot of relieving. When you manually cycle the action is there any dragging? If you mount the action in your Mini-G stock is it any smoother?

IMG_3072.jpgIMG_3072.jpg

Good memory. I'll check it out and report back.

Okay, I just got back from a visit to Texas and I'm confused about what's going on here. This is a mag fed 14 rifle right? This rifle has a laminate stock on it right? Did I put the laminate stock on it?