Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any value to...

I find that narrow gas cylinders without the saw cut are alittle more desireable than with the cut. To the guys that are looking for the cut cylinders the straight cut are more sought after as the diagonal cut are more prone to breaking as there is less metal on one side of the base
    How much are they worth??? Who knows parts prices took a dive years ago
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    No weld.I've handled many,but never seen a tack welded one,just heard of it.Maybe someone did some,thinking they might split?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I used to have the dates that the saw cuts were used-both diagonal and straight. Of course in my half a terrabyte of guns stuff on my computer that I've been meaning to organize i can't find it. I do believe the tack welds were used during post war rebuilds. I guess if you were trying to build a period correct rebuild the saw cut would be a nice edition. Also for tightening up a gas cylinder for accuracy. You do have to grease the allen bolt and use a big allen key though.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau