Thread: MiniG has tube reconfiguration?

MiniG has tube reconfiguration?

Tim,

I’ve got a MiniG with the typical Garand gas system and bent op rod. I’ve also got (as you know) a magfed miniG with a BM59 style tube.

I recently bought a complete BM59 gas tube with the grenade sight. I’d like to take that tube and put it on my magfed miniG. I’d then like to convert my regular miniG to a drop down gas tube.

1- what do I need to do (if anything) to my Magfed to replace the tube?
    2- what needs to be done other than getting a new op rod to convert my MiniG to a drop down? (If I sent you a virgin oprod could you simply cut it to length?)

Thanks!
    Q: What is best in life?
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Quote Originally Posted by medman View Post
    Tim,

I’ve got a MiniG with the typical Garand gas system and bent op rod. I’ve also got (as you know) a magfed miniG with a BM59 style tube.

I recently bought a complete BM59 gas tube with the grenade sight. I’d like to take that tube and put it on my magfed miniG. I’d then like to convert my regular miniG to a drop down gas tube.

1- what do I need to do (if anything) to my Magfed to replace the tube?
    2- what needs to be done other than getting a new op rod to convert my MiniG to a drop down? (If I sent you a virgin oprod could you simply cut it to length?)

Thanks!
    1. Are you using the grenade sights and bipod on the tube for your build? You need to be able to have the gas port useable.
    2. You might be able to straighten the rod, there is a chance.

The BM59 tube that I put on the Magfed miniG is complete with grenade sight. I took the builder tube off of it and want to put it on the original MiniG. Here’s some pictures to too.

13E5F0CD-B4CB-40E8-8CF8-5CA3A0F5BE17.jpg89773821-BD50-4BC1-85B1-347B31C793D3.jpg

Here is what the Magfed looked like before... I’m sure you remember it.
    31886211-5EE9-4728-9541-4AF06140CE13.jpg
    Last edited by medman; 10-14-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

You'll have gas port sizing to do but it could/should work.

Will I need to size the port on both?

You can only size UP. If you had a brake and now are not going to you would most likely have to size up. If you had no brake and now will you would have to size down which cannot be done. A schuster can artificially size down.

Ok. The miniG (Garand style) never had a brake of any type. The magfed miniG had the tricomp before and after I put the BM59 surplus tube on it.

The miniG that I want to put the builder BM tube on will have a brake after.
    Both have adjustable gas plugs.

So what your saying is...
    1- the Magfed should be good to go with the surplus grenade sight tube on it.
    2- the miniG might need to have the gas port opened up a bit.

Thanks for walking me through this.