Thread: M1-C Questions

M1-C Questions

I am trying to help an internet buddy out with a M1-C. First, how do you know if the Griffin/Howe mounts are real? Same with the scope? No cheek pad and a pronged flash hider. What range would the serial number be in? Any help will be appreciated as he is a lee Enfield guy, not Garand

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    My M1C is sn 3252217,and was verified to be in the middle of the first block of 100.I'm not sure of the other blocks,but one was in the 3,700,000's, I believe these were the last ones? The Griffin&Howe should be(not aleays) numbered,be steel,and have G&H info on top(new made ones by Griffin and Howe are aluminum,and steel,these are what I got from G&H),not much more I can tell you,other than a C would most likely have a cone flash hider,the later pronged were in use with the D models.
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 11-14-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

There is a great book that contains much information about the M1C.........https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Am...+sniper+rifles