Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim's Chop Shop

Tim's Chop Shop

Not my words - I read it on the CMP forum in the Garand section, Field Grade thread, post #40. Apparently, anyone who dares turn a screw on a military rifle is operating a chop shop and is a desecrator of storied military history. What a crock.

"to each there own.......its your guns and as such you can do what you wish.......but i would never lower myself to desecrating an M1 and its storied history by sending it through shuff's or anybody else chop shop........the Vets that once fought (some died) with these guns would roll over in their graves.........just my opinion....."

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Tim must stay awake most nights,haunted by the ghosts of these deceased vets,or perhaps he is called to do this by the same ghosts of these deceased vets,who wanted a smaller rifle?Maybe Timmy is our own version of Sarah Winchester?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Funny.. When I read chop shop I thought they were talking about pork chops.
    !

Hmm, sweet! Seeing as well over 60% of my customers are vets, I'll let them be the judge of what gets their goats.

How about 10 years ago when the faithful found out that the cmp was building guns from parts? They refused to believe it even after watching the documentary. A lot of group think over there.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Funny.. When I read chop shop I thought they were talking about pork chops.
    Tim doesn't waste his time with pork chops,he's so rich,he only eats Kobe beef.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Mmmmm, I like pork chops...
    Sorry, I got distracted.

I'm a vet and love my mini-G. Don't see how it desecrates a Garand but that's just me.

I wonder what they think of the italians who "desecrated" M1s by the 10s of thousands. Or how many voted for Carter, Bubba Bill, and Obama who actively ran M1s and other "sacred relics" through the big gun shredder.

Patriot
    Yeah, read that post . I laughed. I can see not molesting any rifle if it's absolutely, positively, 100% untouched, unmolested, as issued condition.

Other than that, just like all surplus rifles that have become available since ww2 which number in the millions, all bets are off and build them, customize them, modify them, so they work best for the way you want to use them.

Post 40 is by the same guy who started a thread about German superiority in WW2.

Quite honestly the guy sounds like a real jagg-off.
    Last edited by ordmm; 11-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Hmm, sweet! Seeing as well over 60% of my customers are vets, I'll let them be the judge of what gets their goats.
    Well, I'm a Vet also, and I'll tell you what gets my goat. Some whiny bitch pretending to speak for me. And who in my experience are not usually Vets themselves.
    Let's see, I took a post-war pile of crap with a crown beat half closed, cracked stock, butt plate that looked like it was a drill rifle, that I was afraid to even test-fire. It was probably loaned to the republik of Uzpuckistan for training some 50 years ago or so.
    I Shipped it out (saved it from the scrap heap) and Tim sent me back a beautiful heirloom quality firearm which I will be proud to leave to my Grandson in a few years. for less than the price of a new inferior weapon.
    What did he say... "lower myself" ....????...... Kiss my ass.
    Or maybe I should have just hung it on the wall in a glass case and knelt at "the altar of the beat-to-crap-garand" every morning.
    Or maybe I did ok making something generations get to enjoy and use for the next hundred years.
    Last edited by Bob W; 11-29-2017 at 11:55 PM.