Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I closed my Face Book account today

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

I closed my Face Book account today

Sick of that crap,and I'm addicted,so ,I'm going to singlehandedly revive Myspace.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I lasted 3 months back in 2011 or so... found out that I really didn't like many of my "friends".

LMFAO! I quite once before and came back because one seaninmich said that I had to be there for my business. If I could take my personal account off and leave my business account, I would. The dirty SOB's make you have that personal account though.

War Room Ready
    Absolutely, this site is as close as I get to "social network". As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of starting an "anti-social network". It suits my personality better.

There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. Lord Byron

So get this... you can never really get rid of a Facebook account. I closed mine six years ago right? Well this past summer I started get email notifications about new activity on my Facebook wall. I went and checked it out... some screwball using a Tokyo Japan IP address was using my account and email for who knows what.

I imagine it was some Chinaman or Russian hiding behind a VPN and using my account for nefarious activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post
    So get this... you can never really get rid of a Facebook account. I closed mine six years ago right? Well this past summer I started get email notifications about new activity on my Facebook wall. I went and checked it out... some screwball using a Tokyo Japan IP address was using my account and email for who knows what.

I imagine it was some Chinaman or Russian hiding behind a VPN and using my account for nefarious activity.
    In addition to this FB also will build profiles for people who never signed up. FB built a fairly accurate bio of a relative of mine thru what other people posted about this person. It has pics, birthday, family members.. etc.
    !

I never had a facebook account. After repairing computers for over 30 years and seeing all the things that go on "behind the scenes", I don't want to open an account. Like Bob W, these forums are my social network.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Whats facebook........................
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Cadet
    Signed up late last year when I took a new job; employer had a private group for customers. Got private friend requests from many I wasn't sure I wanted to be friends with.
    Funny, haven't logged on in months....

Fight the addiction....

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Apparently I've pissed off my wife,and caused grief for shutting it off because that is how she sends me messages.She said I have to have at least one of the 2 accounts open
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)