Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger Guard / Receiver "lock-in get mechanism" is Extremely Loose

Quote Originally Posted by JGW View Post

Any other options you can think of? I hate to bed, etc this rifle because it has beautiful furniture, was built by highly regarded 'smith, and if I go full high master on it I don't know if I would need to replace the anyway. But if bedding, etc is what is have to do to use the stock (and if that fixes the problem, that may be the only option left?

Thoughts.

Greg

Your thoughts?
    You can cut out strips of wood veneer and glue them to the stock under the trigger guard. You may need
    a couple of layers to get a tight lock up. The strips are not that noticeable once installed. You can also try to
    stain the veneer to match the stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Walnut-Wood-E.../dp/B0007SVEAU
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

get a trigger guard with perfectly round lugs and see how lockup is. I have unissued guards if you decide to go this route. PM me if interested
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I thin Orlando may be "The Man". I received a NOS trigger Guard from him today (right on schedule). Switched the existing one that was not locking in tightly, for his NOS Guard. Put it all back in my rifle, and it locks in properly, requiring a good amount of pressure to push the guard to engage the catch. I haven't shot it yet, but I fully expect it to work properly now.

Thanks again to Orlando!

JGW

Orlando is indeed "the man".