Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few More Parts Needed

The SG M1s at the CMP were always the best value. I haven;t ordered any in quite a while. Atthe high point, I had 19 M1s that i picked out personally at the CMP stores. Now am down to 10 plus an M1D, BM59SL an Italian Tipo-2 that I am assembling and a Beretta Danish contract that I am assembling. I think that will be it for the M1s! I found a receiver for $450 on Riverofguns.com for my BM59 build. Everyone gave so much grief for machining a USGI receiver, I went with a PB/Beretta receiver. Later, while putting together the Italian Tipo-2, I wanted it to look authentic, so I said, the hell with everyone else.....I took my SA USGI receiver which I bought for $350 to an engraver and had it re-marked Tipo-2 style:
    Heel_Crop.jpg

For the Danish Contract build, I found another PB Beretta receiver from a Gunbroker seller.....paid $450. I am getting most of my other PB marked parts from a vendor in South Dakota. Found a PB stamped butt stock on Ebay (47 numbers away from the receiver, too).

I guess it really depends on what you are doing. Extra parts is sometimes good, but only if you can sell them off or need them for something else.

There was a six digit grade C receiver on the CMP forum yesterday for $325.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    There was a six digit grade C receiver on the CMP forum yesterday for $325.
    Canes7 - I saw that receiver and almost jumped on it. But, it is a bit rougher on the top of the receiver than what I want on my mini g. If it was a grade B I likely would have bought it yesterday. I know a C will work just as well as a B or A, but ts more a pride of appearance / ownership for me. I really want the visible metal parts to look as-new following a re-parkerization.