Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
You have a serviceable receiver with a scope mount, a trigger group, stock metal, a handguard, internal parts, op-rod, lockbar sights and I think a stock that would look fine with that tru-oil or urethane or whatever it is on it. Make it into a .308 Mini G with a Holbrook and you will have a nice hunting rifle.
This will in fact become my first Mini G. I've waited so long, trying to decide among multiple, really really nice Service Grades, and couldn't make myself send one of those for a Mini G. This base rifle will be my first Mini G. I bought a Dupage "Winter" laminate stock about 6 months ago, which I am going to use for this rifle. One thing for sure: that chrome bolt isn't going into this Mini G! No offense to anyone who likes the look of chromed rifles, it's just not my cup of tea. I agree I will put in a Holbrook device, and from what I've read about the Pachmyar Swing Low mount, it does not interfere with loading since it "swings" far enough to the left to clear the action. I hope to shoot the rifle as is (with a scope installed) this weekend to see if the mount holds zero. If so, I'll keep it for the G, and use the Ultimak I bought I while back on my second G (walnut stock? Dupage "spice" (brownish) laminate? First I need to get this off to Tim.

For best accuracy, I will probably have the .308 barrel installed, since I'll know then the muzzle and throat are as good as new can be. With that, any accuracy problems I should be able to blame on me!

JGW