Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion???

Promotion???

Well its official, I have been promoted to stupidvisor of out Street Dept. I am now the head trash picker upper, hole filler, grass cutter, etc. I mentioned to my wife she should get another job so I could retire but that went over like a fart in church
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

trash picker uppers over here earn well over 100k plus benefits total package worth around 150+. How can you walk away from that?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Ha, you have to remember I am in a small 3 traffic light town, my salary is less than half that. Good thing is I do get all I can eat for free out of the back of the truck
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

War Room Ready
    Congratulations Orlando! I just retired from a good Municipal job and am looking at jobs in a Dept. in a smaller town myself. As you say, they pay less than half what I make now, even as Chief, but then I won't be paying $7000 a year in property taxes for starters. A gallon of milk or loaf of bread is about the same everywhere, but taxes and property are so much better elsewhere. Not to mention quality of life and general mentality. Our home town had no traffic lights (pop. 120). As soon as the kids are out of school I'm out of here too!

I feel for you O. I too am a Stupidvisor. Not for a municipality but for state government. 95% of the time I love it. That 5% I hate is when one of the guys games the system just because they dont want to do something. But I get over it and move on. Have fun and congratulations.
    !

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    they pay less than half what I make now, even as Chief, but then I won't be paying $7000 a year in property taxes for starters. A gallon of milk or loaf of bread is about the same everywhere, but taxes and property are so much better elsewhere. Not to mention quality of life and general mentality. Our home town had no traffic lights (pop. 120). As soon as the kids are out of school I'm out of here too!
    Something has to pay for the wages and bennies. Taxes.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Something has to pay for the wages and bennies. Taxes.
    Unfortunately the Govmt brain trust thinks that way.
    Or as I've advocated for years, dept autonomy. Fines, fees etc generate more than enough revenue to run things if you trim the waste and stop the fraud, which I believe is a leading source of income here. But then all the lib voters on the doll would revolt. As I've always said, take away the free cheese and the rats will leave. Oh well, topic for a different thread. Sorry.
    Happy for you, Orlando

Orlando, I will pray to the kid for you

Founding Member
    Congratulations on beating those other guys out!

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Congratulations on beating those other guys out!
    Funny thing, people applied for the job but when they found out it was a "working" supervisor position they weren't so interested. I knew one guy didn't have a clue as to what the job was about as he came to the interview in a suit and tie