Thread: Oregon man sues walmart and dick's for age discrimination on rifle purchase

Oregon man sues walmart and dick's for age discrimination on rifle purchase

John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

He's going to end up in jail and/or owing Walmart and Dicks large sums of money.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    He's going to end up in jail and/or owing Walmart and Dicks large sums of money.
    I first heard about this early this morning and then again on The Blaze. Oregon has a law similar to Ohio where no age discrimination is allowed on commerce. I do not know how any finding could come out of this except for the benefit of the Plaintiff. I frankly do not care if Dick and Wally choose to close down their shops over this, I hope the decision makers of these company's get the Christmas wish!

Patriot
    If the complaint has merit then some group will use it to file suit. That is pretty much how the lefties have done things. Usually pick a single incident, or even cause a single incident and then attempt to set legal precedence.

In this case since it's more of a conservative deal I doubt the press will give it much play.
    Will have to be a deep pockets gun rights organization.

You can bet that the ACLU won't be there to guarantee anyone's right when it comes from the conservative side.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I first heard about this early this morning and then again on The Blaze. Oregon has a law similar to Ohio where no age discrimination is allowed on commerce. I do not know how any finding could come out of this except for the benefit of the Plaintiff. I frankly do not care if Dick and Wally choose to close down their shops over this, I hope the decision makers of these company's get the Christmas wish!
    I know you are right but the way I see the arguement form is:

Plaintiff: You discriminate against 18-20 years olds and it’s against the law.
    Dick and Wally: -silence-
    Court to plaintiff: We don’t care.
    Plaintiff: I appeal your decision to a higher court.
    Dick and Wally: -silence-
    Higher court to plaintifff: We don’t care.

..and so on. At this level, laws are only enforced when they are convenient to those who benefit from them, otherwise they are cast aside. We see this everyday. When judges ignore law, legislate from their bench and allow political ideologies override what is right I just see nothing but punishment for those who try to stick up for themselves.
    !

War Room Ready
    I am thinking it should be class action.